* Well, technically, if you were Wolverine or a similar regenerating super hero/mutant, you could eat yourself at the same rate as your body grew back. Even then, the nutrients gained from consumption would be used up in digestion, as well as the regeneration of muscle. Therefore, the nutrients used in the process of digestion would be a loss, causing an overall shrinkage of skin, then fat/muscle, then organs until death.
* I think you're wrong. First of all, heroes aren't cannibals... but IF THEY WERE, the regeneration is complete, with no loss of tissue (then he heals magically out of thin air?). Wolverine would be fine, and so would Claire from Heroes.
* Actually, in that one episode of Spongebob with the "hash slinging slasher", Spongebob has no difficulties or side effects from eating his arms off. Thank you, Spongebob.
* Actually, it IS possible to eat yourself. Also, your body does regenerate. If you were already eating a steady diet, and you ate a very small part of yourself at a time (such as a small chunk of muscle or one fingernail), the body would regenerate itself, and as long as you kept track of what you had already eaten, you could, in theory, entirely eat yourself. But, if you did, you would probably stay the same size, because (if you were already on a steady diet +eating yourself), you're body would expend about as much energy repairing itself as you would get from eating yourself. There's your answer.
* Ignoring the basic problems inherent with your question, I believe that neither of the options you provided is correct: The Law of Conservation of Matter dictates that your mass would remain constant.
* But in Futurama, Nibbler had no trouble eating himself from the feet up, and he dissappeared completely. Does this mean it is possible?
* What the WHAT?
* Well techinically, you WOULD be able to eat yourself and then regain life, but in a negative reality. It would become the opposite of this world. so that you could do things like eat as many donughts as you wanted and only get thinner.
* I liked the cheerleader from heroes. lets talk about that from now on.
* you owe me 27 times now
* Theoretically, if you had enough space in your stomach, you don't bite and only swallow, and you were flexible enough to do so, you could mostly eat yourself, though there would be a bit of area on your face that would still be exposed. That way, you would stay the same size, but you would essentially end up as kind of a very bloated ball with a face sticking out.
* Why would you want to eat yourself anyway?!?!?!?!
* Disappear completely. See the "Sea of Monsters" segment of "Yellow Submarine" for proof.