Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Have you read this Book?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you read this Book?

Question Have you read this Book?

-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahmed Waheed; 18th July 2006 at 13:19.

Maryam or Whatever lol

Default Re: Have you read this Book?

Salam!
    Nice
    sure it's a good ides yeah
    And it's ok to post the megazines too?

Lightbulb Re: Have you read this Book?

-
    Last edited by Ahmed Waheed; 18th July 2006 at 13:19.

Maryam or Whatever lol

Salam!

Oh i hope so inshallah!
    Coz' i've got some really good articles from Al-Jumuah megazines, and i wanna show you guys about it!

W'salam

Lightbulb Re: Have you read this Book?

-
    Last edited by Ahmed Waheed; 18th July 2006 at 13:20.

Maryam or Whatever lol

Salam!

lol, br. Ahmed, you bought one OR actually made one

W'salam

It's perfectly legal in my head
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Talking Re: Have you read this Book?

-

Maryam or Whatever lol

thats good, hope ur please bro

Talking Re: Have you read this Book?

-

To be perfectly honest it increases the amount of green bars you have under your name with every 100.

With every 50 you get another sentence thingy. For example if you roll over some people's green bar it's says "X is on a distinguished road" but with every 50 it changes so the next one is "X will become famous soon enough"
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

Maryam or Whatever lol

huh?
    ?That sounds complicated...
    What that suppose to mean exactly...???

What is Reputation?
    Some of your may have noticed the little [img]images/buttons/reputation.gif[/img] button beneath your Style - I'll explain what it is for. The reputation system built into vB3 has now been enabled. It's basically an improved version of the old Karma hack, without many of the problems of Karma.

How do I turn on reputation?
    To turn on reputation, go into UserCP - Options and put a check in the box next to "Show Your Reputation", and submit. (The reputation is automatically enabled for all users now)

How does it work?
    The Reputation system basically allows you to give feedback on users posts. If someone makes a helpful post, you can give them reputation points by clicking on the [img]images/buttons/reputation.gif[/img] button beneath the Style information. This will give you a popup where you can give the post negative or positive reputation, and also submit some feedback on the post:

This is what it looks like:

Click on "I approve" if you want to give a positive feedback followed with comments in the "Your comments on this post" area

Click on "I dissaprove" if you want to give a negative feedback followed with comments in the "Your comments on this post" area

If you someone has send you a reputation with feedback, go to your

The feedback and reputation you receive will appear on the bottom your UserCP

When I give someone reputation, how many Reputation points will they receive?
    That depends on three factors: your post count, your time on Li Islamic Forum, and how much reputation you have yourself. The longer you have been on Li Islamic Forum, the more posts you have, and the more reputation people has given you, the more reputation points you give. Also, to discourage negative ratings and encourage positive, you only give half your normal reputation (rounded down) when you give negative reputation..

Are the points I give deducted from my own reputation?
    No. No points will be deducted from your own reputation score when you give someone else reputation.

Dots
    The green dot(s) indicates your total amount of Reputation - the more Reputation you have, the more dots you will have (at the time of writing, one dot for every 100 rep points you have). There are 6 different dots:

User has chose not to display his Reputation in public
    High Negative
    Low negative
    Neutral
    Low positive
    High Positive

Levels
    You can also see approximately how much they have, by looking at the ALT-tag (moving your cursor on the green dots and staying on it for atleast 5 seconds) of the reputation dots. These are the current levels - they are most likely due to be changed in the future, though:

User is infamous around these parts (below -50)
    User can only hope to improve (-50)
    User has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)
    User is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
    User is on a distinguished road (10)
    User will become famous soon enough (50)
    User has a spectacular aura about (150)
    User is a jewel in the rough (250)
    User is just really nice (350)
    User is a glorious beacon of light (450)
    User is a name known to all (550)
    User is a splendid one to behold (650)
    User has much to be proud of (1000)
    User has a brilliant future (1500)
    User has a reputation beyond repute (2000)

Can I give as many people reputation as I like?
    Yes, but there are some restrictions. You will not be able to give to the same person twice, unless you've given reputation to another members in between. The standard restriction was to give atleast 20 persons before you could give to the same person. Personally, LI forum finds it ridiculous restriction, and thus it's limited to 1 person in between on LI forum but here its 20 people.

Osman, what a great help! but theres one small thing I need to mention, you are hotlinking these images from another website, you sure they are ok with it? (I sometimes do it also so I dont mean to sound nasty, but I think that site where it comes from can see it in their redirects)

It's from the load-islam forums. I copied and pasted it into the rep points thread in the tech support section and I copied and pastied it from the rep points thread into this thread. What is hotlinking exactly? To think I believed that I knew about computers last september! Unbelievable! What is hotlinking?