Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Sheikh you listen to?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Sheikh you listen to?

Asalam-u-Alaikam

Question What Sheikh you listen to?

I just wanted to know from people on the board if they listen to any of the following scholars:

1.Shaikh Abu Yousuf Riyadh Ul Haq
    2.Shaikh Ahmad Ali
    3.Shaikh Hamza Yousuf
    4.Yousuf Islam
    5.Shaikh Yaqoobi (Syria)

plz reply!

:clubbox: :clubbox:

Default Re: What Sheikh you listen to?

salam ateeq

i have heared and listen to some of the speeches of yousaf islam & hamza yousaf ..bilal philips.. there is another jeffery lang .. he has converted to islam and has written books too ,very unique point of view ... i like it ..he did couple of speeces in toronto last year.

i liked hamza yousaf's he talk about spiritual sickness and how it effects heart , his one speech about natural inclination towards professions and dealing with little children is really good too ...

take care

Veteran Member

Out of your list, i have heard hamza yousef and sheik yaqubi. I have heard sheikh yaqubi in perwon on two occasions, one speech about imaam mahdi and one on islam in general.

I haven't listened to any of them

Ummmmmm . . . are they good?

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Maryam or Whatever lol

Salam!

I know only two of them:
    Shaikh Hamza Yousuf
    Yousuf Islam

Really nice yeah

W'Salam

Assalaam Walikum,

Mashallah, sister Maryam.. mashallah.

Asalam-u-Alaikam

Br. Hash i'v been to both of them talks by Sheikh Yaqubi aswell, it was in birmingham were'nt they.

Br. Osman, all of them are very competent scholars. i prefer to listen to Sheikh Ahmad Ali and Shiekh Abu Yousuf Riyadh Ul Haq, they are both from England and are very prominent in England.

Veteran Member

Yeah they was both in birmingham, excellent speeches ateeq.

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Ateeq,

Well I used to read and watch lectures/debates by the late Ahmed Deedat(Allah SWT bless his soul).
    We have a masjid here in Downtown Toronto called the 'Sheikh Deedat Center',named in his honour.
    He was probably the most prominent person last century to do Dawah in English.

Anyway out of those in your list I have only attended one lecture by Hamza Yusuf regarding the aftermath of 9/11, how Muslims and the West could learn from it to make things better.
    I was very honoured to meet him afterwards and have also seen a few of his lectures on videotape.

Nowadays I just read and haven't seen, listened to or watched any lectures by any Sheikh for over a year.

Wasalaam.
    Last edited by Nadeem; 24th February 2005 at 18:21.
    And say:"the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Quran.

Veteran Member

Well the question is nadeem, even though as you pointed out ahmad deedat was a great muslim and one of the biggest if not THE biggest da'wah hero, yet his student dr.zakir naik i think has passed him in his knowledge and the student has passed the teacher. What do you think?

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Hash,

Well it is real hard to judge who is better,but I am sure Zakir Naik is just as good if not better.
    They have both become heroes to us and Allah(SWT) alone can really judge who is better.

Wasalaam.
    Last edited by Nadeem; 24th February 2005 at 22:50.
    And say:"the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Quran.

Veteran Member

Yes this is this strue. I remeber one speech by dr.zakir naik, in which he faced a big time christian proest. And it was one hour talk each, islam v chrristanity, all in good will. And dr.zakir naik went first, and after he spoke, their was a interval, and it was the christians pope turn. But in the break, the christian onetime done shahadah and on screen embraced and thanked dr.zakir naik!!!

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Hash,

MASHALLAH,This is great and shows how some people are doing a real good job of spreading the message of Islam.

Wasalaam.
    Holy Quran.

Yes Allah (SWT) is great!

I didn't know Dr. Zakir Naik was Ahmad Deedat's student. Was Ahmad Deedat even a scholar?

confused.com
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Osman,

I didn't know Zakir Naik was his student either.
    Ahmed Deedat was not a qualified 'scholar' as such but he was a humble man of great knowledge and capability so people called him 'Sheikh' out of respect.
    He established the 'Islamic Propagation Center International'' in his home town of Durban,South Africa.
    He also founded 'Al Ain' an Islamic learning center in the Middle East.
    He travelled to many parts of the world preaching the Truth,places which inlude USA,UK,Pakistan,Phillipines and the Middle East.
    Many people embraced Islam after hearing him speak,MashAllah.:shiny:
    He was originally from India but lived most of his adult life in South Africa.

Wasalaam.
    Last edited by Nadeem; 24th February 2005 at 22:47.
    Holy Quran.